Yarn : Stylecraft special aran in Storm Blue
This is my first adult sized knit, for my 15 year old. It took me approximately 3 weeks. It sounds like quick knitting but I was away for one of those weeks so had the time to do it all day everyday.
I made it a size larger than needed as she prefers baggier things but it still ended up quite fitted. As a beginner knitter I am very pleased with it.
What I have learned
- Count stitches a couple of times before committing to rows upon rows of work.
- I like doing stockinette forever much more than I thought I would.
- My memorising skills for pattern repeats are not very good, though I was improving towards the end!
- I have no idea how to seam neatly, need to do some research...
- How to actually pick up and knit stitches for the neck.
One day I may be brave enough to try something in pricier yarn. For now I'm battling on with my sock knitting. I think I have the idea of magic loop down. I did pick a cabled pattern so it's definitely not mindless knitting. But, the good news is that I finally got it cast on correctly and completed the ribbing at the top as well as 2 repeats of the cable - yay!
I am moving on though, I need to make a cardigan for myself for my SWAKOP entry. After staring at knitting patterns for literally hours on end (hasn't been good for my anti-procrastination project) and rifling through my moms vintage stash I think I have finally settled on this one.