It's my birthday next week. I was hoping to get this top all done in time so that I could start other things as my gifts are usually new fabrics, and I am amazed to say that thanks to a big push at the last of those clam shells - I did it!
I didn't have enough space inside to take pictures of it, so I took a couple while it was all squooshed (that's a real word!) up waiting to be pressed.
Then I managed to get it outside with small helpers... It measures about 55"x 58". A bit on the small side maybe, but it's big enough to cover me :P
I was concerned with the mitred corners on the clam shell border as they don't match in any way at all, probably because it's a rectangle and duh- maths. But as I look at it now, they just don't bother me - it adds to the busy-ness of it all and I love it. The plan now is to hand quilt it over the winter in the evenings, just need to motivate myself to do that pesky basting stuff, oh and choose a backing.